Monday, September 17, 2007

Oh Baby!



I finished my Feather and Fan Baby Cardigan last weekend just in time for my sister's baby shower. It was up to the wire with me sewing on the buttons, weaving in the ends, and blocking the sweater the day before the shower. I used Tess' Designer Yarns baby/fingering weight yarn and adapted a pattern for a basic baby cardigan to include the feather and fan edging at the bottom and cuffs.



I found these beautiful lavender pearl buttons at the store Tender Buttons on the Upper East Side. Thanks A-M for telling me about this store. I put off my button finding expedition for weeks since I never could found time to trek over to the Garment District. It's a lovely (but pricey) store that has thousands of beautiful buttons all neatly organized. I had heard the staff could be a bit snobby. I found the older woman working there was helpful and seemed interested in helping me choose the right buttons for my project. They're sticklers for closing on time though and will not hesitate to tell you they're closing soon and you need to make your final selection.



Here's a close-up of the feather and fan edging. It's not too hard to do. The most difficult part was figuring out how to work the pattern repeat into my stitch count.

You know what that means....time to cast on a new project!

5 comments:

aruni said...

adorable! i love the way feather and fan scallops. :)

Penelope said...

So VERY adorable! Nice work!

lekkercraft said...

Very cute - I love that edging!

Anonymous said...

Do you know where i can get this pattern

Anonymous said...

Do you know where i can get this pattern