Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Here's a little raggedy-looking heart I whipped up for JF for Valentine's Day:


I bought this yarn over a year ago when Goldman's Yarns in White Plains had their Going Out of Business Sale. As much as I hate to see LYS's close you really can't beat the prices when they're trying to unload all their inventory. It's Farfalla by Filatura Di Crosa. I don't see it on Yarndex so maybe it was discontinued. I bought a few skeins in black to make a shawl and this one skein in red I thought I could use as a trim. They've been sitting in the stash so I thought it couldn't hurt to use a little red to knit up a heart.

In other Knitting Knews I finished one Glitten and made a lot of progress on my bulky Ghost vest:
I'm almost ready to bind off for the armholes. The best part about doing a vest-no sleeves! This bulky yarn is dangerous. It goes so fast I don't know how I'll ever be able to knit socks on size 3's again. I'm almost out of the fourth skein I had in my stash. The weekend after President's Day weekend JF and I are making a trip up the Berkshires and I can pick some more up at WEBS. But I don't think I can wait! I may cave and put an online order in this weekend.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: