Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's Not What You Think...



My future felted laptop case has been taking shape really quickly. I suppose it was to be expected when you use size 15 needles and garter stitch! In the pic above it looks kinda like a jumper.




The cardboard is a replica to scale of the recipient's laptop. The case is being knit all in one piece so it starts to make more sense when you wrap it around the "laptop."



If you can see past Cosette's rapidly expanding belly you can start to get an idea of how the finished product will look. The opening in the front is so the user can easily reach in and grab his laptop without having to dig his hand all the way into the case. I'm hoping to finish all the knitting by this weekend so I can get to the fun part: felting!

2 comments:

Dame Wendy said...

Hey there. :) Thanks for visiting my blog. I just joined your meetup group.

The case is such a great idea! I can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

lekkercraft said...

oo that looks like a clever design! Can't wait to see it in action in all it's felty-goodness!